Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
This 360 video tours you around Houweling's Camarillo greenhousesYou've heard the term "farm-to-table," but how about farm-to-table in 48 hours? It's the ultimate greenhouse, and KDFI had a chance to take their 360-degree camera inside.
David Bell, chief marketing officer at Houweling’s Group, said, “It's amazingly cool. What does 22 acres of greenhouse look like? You can see it's literally open space with glass above. Growing in the greenhouse environment, we're trying to recreate the ultimate climate. On this site we have six phases totaling over 125 acres where they are growing all sorts of greenhouse tomatoes and cucumbers.”
“We can harvest this morning, we can ship this evening, and within 48 hours it can be on the grocery shelf. Sustainability in agriculture is important, regardless of the technologies you are using. As the population of the world continues to grow, we're trying to find ways to feed all those hungry mouths. This is an example that can really work.”
Take a look at the 360 video here.
Publication date: 8/10/2017
Other news in this sector: