Job offersmore »
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
LumiGrow releases LED Growers’ Guide for Vine CropsLumiGrow has released their LED Growers’ Guide for Vine Crops. The guide is intended to instruct vine crop growers how to use LED lighting strategies to maximize profits, boost yields, increase crop quality, and elicit desired plant characteristics. Those that download the guide will learn:
- Lighting requirements for tomato, cucumber, and pepper crops
- How light intensity, quality, and photoperiod can be used to direct vine crop growth
- How to use light to control crop characteristics across growth stages
- What leading researchers are learning about light’s interaction with vine crops
“With so much noise in the lighting industry about what’s possible with LED light, there really hasn’t been much direction for growers looking to use modern lighting technologies.” says LumiGrow VP of Research, Melanie Yelton. “At LumiGrow, our in-house research team works with our commercial growers and university partners to accomplish specific growth goals by using light as a growth variable. It’s no longer enough to hang your lights and call it a day. Today’s professional growers should be looking at light dynamically, just how they would treat any other variable in their facility.”
The LED Growers’ Guide for Vine Crops gives lighting recommendations for growers looking to get more out of their horticultural lighting system.
Supplemental lighting is especially important for vine crop growers, due to the high light needs of their crops. LED technology provides multi-use utility for these growers. The luminaires provide needed light for healthy crop production in dark seasons, but also allow for control of desired crop characteristics. By dynamically changing the spectrum of LEDs, vine crop growers can increase yield, influence growth rate, and extend crop life.
The LumiGrow Plant Research Group makes recommendations within the guide, based on prior commercial partnerships, professional horticultural resources, leading scholastic research, and from ongoing in-house findings conducted in the LumiGrow Plant Lab.
Download the Guide here.
For more information visit www.lumigrow.com or speak with a horticultural lighting specialist at (800) 514-0487.
Publication date: 8/7/2017
Other news in this sector: