Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Earthcycle earns OK Compost certification for Europe
In line with CKF’s vision to increase export markets for Earthcycle, the company is pleased to announce that its line of moulded fibre packaging for produce is guaranteed to be biodegrade in industrial compost settings, according to European standard EN 13432. AB Vincotte is one of the certifying bodies for European compostability standards and administers the OK Compost brand.
Earthcycle’s European compostability certification complements its existing North American certification through the Biodegradable Products Institute (BPI). In addition to compostability for Europe, Earthcycle packaging complies with European food grade standards as reviewed by Smithers-Pira, UK.
“We welcome the strong support and regulatory requirements for composting in Europe as it helps strengthen waste reduction strategies on a national, local and personal level.” says Brad Dennis, Vice President of Sales and Marketing of CKF. According to research and policy think-tank WRAP, over 50% of household waste is comprised of organic materials, so making certified compostable packaging available in the supply chain will make it easier for consumers to reduce overall waste to landfill while supporting European packaging waste reduction targets.
“When we launched our trial with the Earthcycle punnet for mushrooms, it could be referred to only as recyclable because compostability testing was on-going. Now that the Earthcycle punnets are OK Compost certified, there is added value that we believe consumers will recognize and reward” says James Meers, Commercial Director at Gs Fresh Mushrooms.
Earthcycle packaging is undergoing further compostability testing in order to claim OK Home Compost certification. Results are expected this month.
Tel: (416) 249-2272
Publication date: 8/9/2017
Other news in this sector: