Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cultivating under extreme conditions? Why not!All over the world, it is important to be able to produce food locally. But what if freezing cold winters and boiling hot summers make cultivation virtually impossible? In Kazakhstan, they have the answer: KUBO has built a greenhouse project there based on the Ultra-Clima concept, intended for growing tomatoes and cucumbers.
In terms of size, Kazakhstan is the ninth largest country in the world. Yet only 17.5 million people live there. Its geographical location means that it is dominated by an extreme land climate, with hot summers and temperatures that plummet as low as -30 degrees in the winter. Cultivating under these conditions therefore calls for alternative solutions, also because cultivation expertise barely exists in that country.
With Greenhouse Kazakhstan in Aktobe, KUBO is developing a blue print for cultivating in areas that are not so greenhouse friendly. The Ultra-Clima greenhouse is almost ten hectares in size. Provisions have been made to address the cultivation expertise. Greenhouse Kazakhstan is taking advantage of the Full-Service Grow Concept that KUBO’s subsidiary, ClimaConnect, has to offer. An interim grower will be in charge of the technical aspects of cultivation management for two years. What’s more, the company can count on on-site cultivation advice each month for four years. In addition to this, ClimaConnect will support the company in its analysis of data, quality management and practical training.
For more information:
Publication date: 7/17/2017
Other news in this sector: