Job offersmore »
- Inside Sales Coordinator - USA
- Sales Engineer, Water - The Netherlands
- Crop care supervisor - Australia
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - India
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
- Business Advisor - China
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US(PA): 60,000 sq.ft. vertical greenhouse to bolster Lancaster's less fortunate
- "Energy storage is more than just batteries"
- Leaf sensors can tell farmers when crops need to be watered
- Paskal launches cloud-based irrigation monitor solution
- Inefficient cannabis growers will go out of business eventually
Exchange ratesmore »
Greenco: Guarding grow light processes with sensors and PLCsShortly after the introduction of HortiSense, Greenco has invested in the digital platform for both their new location of 10ha, and for their existing location in Middenmeer.
HortiSense is the digital platform which measures and guards the grow light processes with sensors and PLCs. The corresponding HortiSense software application interprets and presents the measured data in an easy and relevant manner to the grower. With this information, the grower can make calculated business decisions. The grower can access the information on any device, at the office, greenhouse or on the road or on the couch.
Greenco has participated in and tested the system in the early stages and was quickly convinced by the possibilities of the digital platform. Managing partner ‘Cultivation’ Henk van der Loos: “From the beginning, we were very interested in the idea behind HortiSense and decided to test it and help in the development. The system proved its added value in a short period of time, which convinced us to integrate HortiSense completely in the new build.”
HortiSense fits perfectly within Greenco’s strategy of innovation. Van der Loos: “We constantly innovate. We were awarded the Tomato Inspiration award at the Fruit Logistica 2017 for example, of which we are very proud, and it stimulates us to continually innovate. With HortiSense we take a new step which will contribute to this process”.
The ‘Asset-Control’ module of HortiSense actively guards the transformers and electrical panels against overheating, guards the quality of the energy and power and gives insight into the remaining lifetime of a lamp. But the grower also receives an automatic notification when a deviation in the grow lighting installation occurs. The ‘Grow-Light’ module offers real time insight into the amount of light the crop receives both from the sun and from artificial light, and gives a seven day prediction of the irradiation of sunlight per hour. The ‘Company’ & ‘Services’ modules are free for Hortilux customers, and allows them to request assessments and repairs and download the test results. All the data from the grow lighting installation and technical drawings can be found in HortiSense.
For more information:
2681 TV Monster
+31 (0) 174 286 628
Publication date: 7/14/2017
Other news in this sector: