Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hishtil celebrates 10 years in South AfricaOn the 14th of June 2007, the first Hishtil Nursery in South Africa opened its greenhouse doors to farmers across the country. The first houses were soon filled and expansion was necessary. Hishtil South Africa now produces over 100 million seedlings, not just for the South African market, but all over Africa. We proudly work with established and emerging farmers.
Hishtil SA claims to have been the first nursery in South Africa to start grafting vegetable seedlings on a commercial basis. The company recently introduced the Early Start plug into the market which is not just new in South Africa but they believe in the international market as well.
Seedlings are grown in high tech greenhouses, custom designed for the harsh South African growing climate. All the houses are fully covered and protected by Insect Proof netting to ensure no disease causing vectors can enter the houses.
They claim the technology also offers more uniform batches. Having one batch look identical to the next, as well as all the plants within the batch being uniform, leads to uniform field development and ultimately ease of harvest and possibly higher yields. This can all be accredited to hands-on management, a sterile homogenous medium and the highest quality raw materials.
For more information:
Tel: +27 015 395 4043 or +27 022 461 2117
Publication date: 7/13/2017
Other news in this sector: