Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (ON): Police monitoring marijuana grow-op at former flowers greenhouseWaterloo Regional Police say they're monitoring a large marijuana grow-op at the former Waterloo Flowers greenhouse site — and believe it's operating within the law for medical marijuana for "personal consumption."
The site isn't owned by one of the 28-federally-licensed producers in Ontario that supply's Canada's mail-order medical marijuana, and its less-than-discreet cannabis production beside a busy Highway 7 has prompted rampant speculation among neighbours.
But police say they believe the former greenhouse and garden centre is growing marijuana for personal use under Canada's evolving medical marijuana rules — a system that allows a person to grow up to 244 plants at a time.
Those same rules also allow a so-called "home grower" to have as much as 10-kilograms of dried medical marijuana at any time.
The owner of the former greenhouse, however, has been less than upfront about what he's doing. A numbered company registered in Toronto bought the site in December for $1.35-million.
Read more at The Record
Publication date: 7/13/2017
Other news in this sector: