Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Oreon lights illuminate Dutch basil
"We changed our minds about the lighting method"While the planning for the construction of a 1.4 ha new greenhouse was already being made, Dutch growing company De Kruidenaer decided to test the Oreon Grow Lights above their basil pool. Grower Christ Monden: "In fact, originally we had planned to install the new greenhouse only with HPS lamps. Nevertheless, we are always busy doing our own research and we have benefited from this in the past. So when Lemnis Oreon came up with the proposal for a test, we were immediately interested. "
Since 2003, De Kruidenaer has been known for its fresh and varied herbs. For many years they have been growing fresh herbs of high quality in the open field, tunnels and in greenhouses. Owners Christ and Jacqueline Monden work with passion and entrepreneurship and are always looking for new cultivation methods that can make their products even better.
Earlier this year in February and March, the trial was conducted and the results were so amazing that we changed our minds about the lighting method from HPS to LED. I really could not close my eyes due to the results. The plants grown under LED developed very uniform and were really strong. You could clearly see how strong and resilient they were when they were taken out of the pool. The total weight of the plants was also significantly higher than of those under HPS lamps”.
In the end, the decision was made to take a hybrid lighting method consisting of half LED and half HPS. Throughout the year, both in the dark cold months as well as in the transition periods, they expect to have an optimal lighting system with respect to light spectrum, temperatures, efficiency and investment. Partner Voshol Warmte- en Elektrotechniek, partner of Lemnis Oreon, will provide and install the entire lighting system. The heat of the LED lamps can be directed to the pool due to the unique water cooling concept.
For more information:
3401 MX IJsselstein
T: +31 30 760 0660
Publication date: 7/14/2017
Other news in this sector: