Job offersmore »
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam PM receives East-West Seed pledge for agriculture scholarshipDuring the state visit of Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc to the Netherlands on July 8-11, tropical vegetable seed company East-West Seed pledged a full scholarship for a Masters student from Vietnam to study in the Netherlands.
Vietnam Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc acknowledges the Simon Groot agriculture scholarship for a Vietnamese student to study at Wageningen University, presented by Joost van Elzakker, East-West Seed general manager for Vietnam.
The scholarship is open to a son or daughter of a farmer who would like to pursue a master's program related to agriculture at Wageningen University, the Netherlands’ premier academic and research institution for agriculture.
"To celebrate 35 years of East-West Seed and our continued cooperation with Wageningen University we created the Simon N. Groot Scholarship, named after our company founder. We want to emphasize our commitment to Vietnam, to smallholder farmers and the importance of education and knowledge transfer," said Joost van Elzakker, East-West Seed general manager in Vietnam.
A 2-year Master costs approximately EUR 60,000, including tuition fee, insurance, living expenses, visa and handling fee. The student will be selected in cooperation with a local university in Vietnam.
East-West Seed started operating in Vietnam in 1997 and was the first company to develop vegetable varieties, including new varieties, improved hybridization varieties, high technology varieties, all of which have helped to ramp up the vegetable industry and improve the income of farmers.
East-West Seed is known in Vietnam as the brand Hai Mui Ten Do ("two red arrows" in local language). It delivers nearly 100 different vegetable varieties to Vietnamese farmers, including many varieties with high economic value: Demon pepper, Tiela chilli, Suprema pumpkin, Arjuna pumpkin, sweet corn Tím dẻo 926, Tím ngọt 099, cucumber, Hunter 1, HMT 356, bitter gourd HMT128.
For more information:
No. 50/1 Moo 2, Sainoi-Bang Bua
Thong Rd, Amphur Sainoi, Nonthaburi
T: +66 (02) 831 7700
F: +66 (02) 923 7794
Publication date: 7/12/2017
Other news in this sector: