Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- 11 hectare greenhouse project opened in Azerbaijan
- Vietnam: TAP completes new phase in 24-hectare greenhouse
- US (PA): Feasibility study for a Center of Excellence for Indoor Agriculture
- How to get fast, accurate root zone moisture and EC data
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Production potential generates interest in DutoliThe production potential that cucumber variety Dutoli shows since last year, has generated a lot of interest in the new cucumber variety of De Ruiter. A group of cucumber growers, plant growers and cultivation advisers gathered to have a look at the variety at nursery Nova Natura in Meijel, The Netherlands.
Grower Eric Driessen received his colleagues. He grows Dutoli on 3 hectares. Dutoli is a generative crop with an open plant structure, making it a labor-friendly crop.
After fifteen days, Eric harvested the first cucumber. By now the crop is nicely open and generative. "It went mighty fast and Dutoli had little trouble with the hot week around June 19. A big advantage of Dutoli: This variety did not suffer from Pythium, no chlorosis and the plant could sustain the stem load well despite the high levels," Leo Lansbergen of De Ruiter said.
Dutoli, photo by De Ruiter
From the stem more than 31 fruits / m2 have been cut in a sorting of 60% in the forties and 40% in the thirty-fives. "The good selectivity on the stem and vines ensures a good balance and follow-up in fruit development. The open crop is expected to increase the harvest performance significantly," Leo demonstrated. He also said that the fruit quality is good and so is the shelf life.
At Nova Natura, De Ruiter had arranged a delicious BBQ for a lovely meal after the visit. Furthermore, information and experiences were shared relating to the cucumber varieties of the previous and present year.
For more information:
De Ruiter Seeds
Publication date: 7/21/2017
Other news in this sector: