Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Production potential generates interest in DutoliThe production potential that cucumber variety Dutoli shows since last year, has generated a lot of interest in the new cucumber variety of De Ruiter. A group of cucumber growers, plant growers and cultivation advisers gathered to have a look at the variety at nursery Nova Natura in Meijel, The Netherlands.
Grower Eric Driessen received his colleagues. He grows Dutoli on 3 hectares. Dutoli is a generative crop with an open plant structure, making it a labor-friendly crop.
After fifteen days, Eric harvested the first cucumber. By now the crop is nicely open and generative. "It went mighty fast and Dutoli had little trouble with the hot week around June 19. A big advantage of Dutoli: This variety did not suffer from Pythium, no chlorosis and the plant could sustain the stem load well despite the high levels," Leo Lansbergen of De Ruiter said.
Dutoli, photo by De Ruiter
From the stem more than 31 fruits / m2 have been cut in a sorting of 60% in the forties and 40% in the thirty-fives. "The good selectivity on the stem and vines ensures a good balance and follow-up in fruit development. The open crop is expected to increase the harvest performance significantly," Leo demonstrated. He also said that the fruit quality is good and so is the shelf life.
At Nova Natura, De Ruiter had arranged a delicious BBQ for a lovely meal after the visit. Furthermore, information and experiences were shared relating to the cucumber varieties of the previous and present year.
For more information:
De Ruiter Seeds
Publication date: 7/21/2017
Other news in this sector: