Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philips Lighting expands Horticulture LED Solutions team in AustraliaPhilips Lighting announced the hiring of Aart Slobbe, key account manager, Horticulture LED Solutions for Australia and New Zealand. This new hire will address the increasing demand for LED lighting in Australia and New Zealand. Slobbe is attending the PCA Conference from 9-12 July in Adelaide, Australia, with Philips LED Horti Partner Powerplants Australia, to demonstrate Philips Horticulture LED products.
“We are happy to welcome Aart to our team in the rapidly growing APAC region. Aart lives in Melbourne, Australia, which makes it easy for him to personally visit and advise commercial growers in Australia and New Zealand. He will help build our business in the high-wire vegetable segment, since this segment continues to expand at a rapid pace. Aart will also help develop other important segments, including floriculture, fresh herbs and soft fruit.”
Born and raised in the Netherlands, Slobbe has a B.S. degree in Horticulture and has always had an interest in horticulture and the vegetable seed industry. He moved his family to New Zealand in 2005 and in early 2011, they moved to Australia. Apart from three years in New Zealand, Slobbe has been actively working in the vegetable seed industry since 1989 in various commercial roles. He has been involved with the Australian and New Zealand vegetable industry since 1992. Slobbe has held various positions at De Ruiter Seeds and at De Ruiter brand as part of Monsanto.
The last five years Slobbe was active in product development for high wire crops, such as tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers. As a key account manager, Slobbe will collaborate with Philips LED Horti Partner Powerplants Australia to develop LED solutions for Australian and New Zealand commercial growers.
For more information:
Publication date: 7/10/2017
Other news in this sector: