Job offersmore »
- Business Advisor - China
- Nursery Manager (Container Plants) - Australia
- Nursery Operations Manager - Australia
- Packing Facility Manager - AU
- PRODUCTION MANAGER - Finland
- Electrical Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Farm Manager - Australia
- Greenhouse Manager / Head Grower, Bermuda
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US(PA): 60,000 sq.ft. vertical greenhouse to bolster Lancaster's less fortunate
- UK start-up introduces inflatable deep water culture system
- Leaf sensors can tell farmers when crops need to be watered
- Inefficient cannabis growers will go out of business eventually
- Hawaii: Ultra fine bubbles help lettuce grower reduce tipburn
Exchange ratesmore »
helpful elements in crop protection of berry fruits:
The benefits of windbreak and anti birds netsLike many high value crops, berry production is very sensitive to environmental conditions and carries a high degree of risk. Producers all over the world are constantly looking for ways to reduce environmental impact on berry production and respond to the growing markets needs and selective demands of consumers.
Strong, cold or warm winds can be one of the greatest problem for growers, especially if you grow crops in tunnels. Wind can cause many unwanted effects, such as the removal or breaking of the plastic film, infraction or deformation of the tunnel structure. As a result of strong wind blows (over 60 km/h), the joints on the structure need to be checked (couplings and front links), as there is a possibility of loosening.
Investment in effective windbreakers in an agricultural practice can offer long -term benefits by providing better quality and plenty crops. Next to protection of your structure windbreakers will benefit crops, vegetables, flowering plants and fruit-trees in tunnels or in open field with same effects.
Arrigoni suggests two solutions:
1. Place windbreak nets directly on tunnels and protect your crops from wind, high insolation and provide better ventilation during summer months.
2. Set up windbreaks barrier as protective wall and protect your crops from damage either in open field or tunnels. Place the wind barrier always transverse to the direction that the wind blows. Every windbreak barrier protects crops for 8/10 times its height. We recommend use of wooden poles for installation of windbreak barriers because they have higher flexibility compared to concrete poles.
SCIROCCO woven HDPE monofilament nets and LIBECCIO knitted nets in different colors and different windbreak power can be ideal solution for this application.
UV stabilised high density polyethylene flat woven netting with a permeability to air of 30% to 70%. Strong, resistant nets with light, medium or strong windbreak power, in black, transparent or green colour. Reinforced selvedges.
UV stabilised high density polyethylene monofilament knitted thread woven net with light, medium or strong windbreak power, and permeability to air from 30% to 70%. Eyelets at every meter height, green colour.
Berry fruits generally and blueberries especially are very attractive for birds, not just as a source of nutrients and water, but as well vitamins and minerals (vitamin E necessary for maintaining their eyesight). Big isolated plantations in monoculture are especially vulnerable and damages can be measured by the entire production.
The simple solution for this problem is application of knitted anti-bird nets IRIDE BASE, IRIDE DUE or BIOBIRDS. Anti-bird nets can be placed on the lateral openings of tunnels, on support structures in case of open field or directly on berry plants.
|2210WO IRIDE BASE|
Light anti-bird and anti-hail net, run resistant, hole dimension mm 7,1x6,2, weight 34 g/m2, green color.
|2220WO IRIDE DUE|
More resistant, double treated anti-bird and anti-hail net, in dark green colour. Ideal solution for closing of tunnels and greenhouses. Hole dimensions mm 7,1 x 6,2; weight g. 46/m2.
Knitted bird netting for light duty applications against small birds, in green color, hole size mm 25 x 25, weight 16 g/m2
Via Monte Prato 3
22029 Uggiate Trevano (CO) - Italy
Ph.: (+39) 031803200
Fax: (+39) 031803206
Publication date: 7/4/2017
Other news in this sector: