Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: New table tomatoes from L'Ortolano
L'Ortolano introduced new table tomatoes at the open day held on 13th June 2017 at Azienda Agricola Giovanni Napolitano.
Group photo during the Open Day
Chiara Milanesi, geneticist for L'Ortolano, presented her table tomato creations. Growers and technicians from Centro Seia could see red bunch, oblong and salad varieties Bingo F1 (red cherry), Sat 1533 F1 (red bunch) and Spartaco F1 (salad).
Bingo was developed for winter cycles but showed great performances during the spring-summer cycle with January/February transplants as well. It has a shiny red colour and high Brix levels and it's crunchy with good setting also in early cycles.
The red bunch SAT 1533 variety is very productive with regular branches. Plants are vigorous with prolonged setting. Shiny red colour, excellent compactness and shelf-life.
These varieties meet consumer demands without losing productivity.
The most recent hybrids are: Sat 17123 F1 (red bunch), Sat1587 San Marzano and Sat 17132 F1 (oblong).
SAT 1587 was developed so as to maintain the typical San Marzano shape though improving its tolerance to blossom end rot. Plants are very fertile, fruits are oblong and compact, light green to shiny red.
"This is good news, especially if we consider all the investments in R&D and the collaborations with technicians and producers. We'd like to thank Giuseppe Bottoni from Centro Seia and Giovanni Napolitano and family, who have grown the tomatoes with great professionalism and welcomed us to their azienda agricola," commented L'Ortolano.
Via Calcinaro 2425
47522 Cesena (FC) - Italy
Tel.: (+39) 0547/381835
Fax: (+39) 0547/639280
Publication date: 7/5/2017
Other news in this sector: