Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Rijk Zwaan joins forces in new R&D consortiumRijk Zwaan will be able to expand its research activities as one of the partners of the Crops of the Future Collaborative. This new public-private consortium is convened by the Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research (FFAR, located in the USA) and has research on leafy vegetables as one of its points of attention.
Besides FFAR and Rijk Zwaan, the founding partners of the Crops of the Future Collaborative are Bayer, Biogemma, KWS, FAPESP, Precision PlantSciences and CIMMYT. Bringing together these leading companies and research organizations, the consortium partners will leverage their knowledge, capabilities and financial resources. This will expand their scientific understanding of the genes and traits that give rise to characteristics that crops will need to adapt to changing environments.
The consortium will initiate focused research projects at universities in the USA. The initial commitment of FFAR to the activities of this consortium is $10 million. The participating partners to a project will provide a financial as well as an in-kind contribution. Next to leafy vegetables, the consortium will initially focus on maize, wheat and small grains.
For more information:
Burgemeester Crezéelaan 40
2678 KX De Lier
T +31 174 532 300
Publication date: 6/30/2017
Other news in this sector: