Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Rijk Zwaan joins forces in new R&D consortiumRijk Zwaan will be able to expand its research activities as one of the partners of the Crops of the Future Collaborative. This new public-private consortium is convened by the Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research (FFAR, located in the USA) and has research on leafy vegetables as one of its points of attention.
Besides FFAR and Rijk Zwaan, the founding partners of the Crops of the Future Collaborative are Bayer, Biogemma, KWS, FAPESP, Precision PlantSciences and CIMMYT. Bringing together these leading companies and research organizations, the consortium partners will leverage their knowledge, capabilities and financial resources. This will expand their scientific understanding of the genes and traits that give rise to characteristics that crops will need to adapt to changing environments.
The consortium will initiate focused research projects at universities in the USA. The initial commitment of FFAR to the activities of this consortium is $10 million. The participating partners to a project will provide a financial as well as an in-kind contribution. Next to leafy vegetables, the consortium will initially focus on maize, wheat and small grains.
For more information:
Burgemeester Crezéelaan 40
2678 KX De Lier
T +31 174 532 300
Publication date: 6/30/2017
Other news in this sector: