Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- NatureFresh Farms develops unconventional pest management methods
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- Protected Cropping Australia appoints new board
- Dutch police raids greenhouses in heroin investigation
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Why you should use a ground coverNot quite in the market for a fancy greenhouse foundation (at least, not yet)? You’ll need an easy and flexible way to pave over that open ground – that is, if you’re not direct planting or utilizing the soils in your structure.
by Adrian White
If you’re leaning more towards hydroponics, grow tables, container planting, nursery plant retail, or a starts house rather than open soil growing, a material ground cover or landscape fabric will get you taken care of – and only the highest quality will do.
Why ground cover?
Who wants to place their containers, tables, or growing benches on bumpy or uneven ground? That’s just the start – relying on landscape fabric is smarter for many more reasons.
- Even the playing field. Have a smooth, level greenhouse floor for cheap, making it easy to grow and hold your stock.
- Keep down weeds. Plants love your greenhouse, but weeds will love it more. Landscape fabric is one way to guarantee their prevention.
- Improve access. Cover earth both inside and outside for easy traffic, and easy access to accessories within and without.
- Separate soil mediums. Trying to keep sand separate from soil or gravel? No problem.
- Great aesthetics. Dress to impress – fabric makes it relatively easy to give your structure that finished touch, inside and out.
Publication date: 6/19/2017
Other news in this sector: