Job offersmore »
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Brazilian delegation shows interest in aquaponics
This week, a delegation of researchers and companies from Brazil visited the facilities of the Murcian Institute for Agricultural and Food Research and Development (Imida), where they learned about the latest research into photoselective shading meshes for pepper cultivation and the improvements in production and quality obtained from their use.
The selection of new pepper rootstocks, which aim to improve tolerance to different sources of stress, such as high temperatures, salinity and water stress, also attracted most of the attention, as reported by the autonomous region.
Later, the group visited the Integrated Centre for Agricultural Training and Experiences (Cifea) of Torre-Pacheco, where they had a chance to witness the operation of the Carbgrowth project, in which by means of aquaponic techniques (simultaneous cultivation of pepper and tilapia) it becomes possible to reach new heights in the optimization of the use of fertilizers and water.
The visit has laid the groundwork for future collaborations in research projects and technology transfer between Imida and Latin America.
The delegation consisted of researchers, university professors, professionals of the agricultural sector from the Brazilian Agricultural Research Corporation (EMBRAPA-Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Supply); from the Federal University of Paraíba (Brazil); from the Brazilian Association of Horticulture, EPAGRI (Agrarian Extension-Government of Santa Catarina) and from the Agricultural Consulting Firm Integran, among others.
Publication date: 6/19/2017
Other news in this sector: