Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
US (LA): LSU AgCenter selects vendor for medical marijuana programThe LSU AgCenter has notified the Board of Supervisors of their intent to contract with GB Sciences, Inc., to produce a medical marijuana product for qualifying patients. GB Sciences will work under the LSU AgCenter license in compliance with state law and rules established by regulatory agencies.
In 2015, the Louisiana legislature enacted a law allowing for the cultivation, production and use of medical marijuana. This law provides that the LSU AgCenter and Southern University Agricultural Center may be licensed for the production of medical marijuana. The medical marijuana programs will be regulated by the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry, the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy and the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners.
No taxpayer dollars will be spent on the project.
The AgCenter collaborated with multiple university departments, including the Presidentís Office, Finance and Administration, and Procurement, in addition to working with external consultants to review similar proposals from other states with medical marijuana programs. Each qualifying offer was reviewed by a selection team composed of five members with expertise in administration, finance, medicine, botanical research and analytical chemistry, with oversight from LSU Procurement.
GB Sciences, Inc., scored the highest overall score and was selected to move forward with contract negotiations pending approval by the LSU Board of Supervisors. GB Sciences, Inc., is a publicly-traded medical cannabis company dedicated to scientific innovations that ensure patient safety, therapeutic efficacy and product consistency. The LSU AgCenter is looking forward to research opportunities and the ability to help qualifying medical patients across the state.
For more information:
Publication date: 6/19/2017
Other news in this sector: