Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- Dutch go crazy on weed...duckweed that is
- Tomato and lettuce intercropping in a soilless system
- North America’s first scientific paper on how to produce cannabis under controlled environment
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (LA): LSU AgCenter selects vendor for medical marijuana programThe LSU AgCenter has notified the Board of Supervisors of their intent to contract with GB Sciences, Inc., to produce a medical marijuana product for qualifying patients. GB Sciences will work under the LSU AgCenter license in compliance with state law and rules established by regulatory agencies.
In 2015, the Louisiana legislature enacted a law allowing for the cultivation, production and use of medical marijuana. This law provides that the LSU AgCenter and Southern University Agricultural Center may be licensed for the production of medical marijuana. The medical marijuana programs will be regulated by the Louisiana Department of Agriculture and Forestry, the Louisiana Board of Pharmacy and the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners.
No taxpayer dollars will be spent on the project.
The AgCenter collaborated with multiple university departments, including the President’s Office, Finance and Administration, and Procurement, in addition to working with external consultants to review similar proposals from other states with medical marijuana programs. Each qualifying offer was reviewed by a selection team composed of five members with expertise in administration, finance, medicine, botanical research and analytical chemistry, with oversight from LSU Procurement.
GB Sciences, Inc., scored the highest overall score and was selected to move forward with contract negotiations pending approval by the LSU Board of Supervisors. GB Sciences, Inc., is a publicly-traded medical cannabis company dedicated to scientific innovations that ensure patient safety, therapeutic efficacy and product consistency. The LSU AgCenter is looking forward to research opportunities and the ability to help qualifying medical patients across the state.
For more information:
Publication date: 6/19/2017
Other news in this sector: