Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Chinese scientists to grow potatoes on the moonChinese scientists will attempt to grow potatoes on the moon as part of a forthcoming lunar mission.
According to a report in the Chongqing Morning Post, the potatoes will be sealed inside a "mini ecosystem" as part the Chang'e-4 mission due to launch next year. They'll be sharing a small cylinder on the surface of the Earth's only natural satellite with silkworm larvae as part of a series of experiments, Professor Xie Gengxin of Chongqing University told the paper.
The goal is to see whether the insects and spuds will survive on the lunar surface, and the end result will yield important insights about the viability of a future human colony, China Radio International says.
Source: BBC News
Publication date: 6/15/2017
Other news in this sector: