Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- NatureFresh Farms develops unconventional pest management methods
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- Protected Cropping Australia appoints new board
- Dutch police raids greenhouses in heroin investigation
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Open house at Polish propagator Krasoń:
Polish nursery to hit 250 million seedlings this year
Last weekend, Poland's largest vegetable propagator Krasoń celebrated its 20th anniversary with a well-attended open day. The nursery, which currently operates a total acreage of 11 hectares, welcomed a large group of customers, suppliers and other interested parties to visit their newest greenhouse expansion in Święta, a town in the North of Poland, near Złotów.
With the latest addition of this new 3 hectare greenhouse, Krasoń now has a total of six hectares in Złotów. Together with the 6 hectare at their mother company in Piaski, Central Poland, the group is serving the local horticulture industry's growing demand for vegetable seedlings. Next to Poland, Krasoń also exports their seedlings to neighboring countries such as Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Belarus and Finland.
According to Michal Krason, the Polish industry has seen a big growth over recent years. He explained that especially the larger greenhouse growers throughout the country have been investing.
"Many of the larger Polish greenhouse tomato growers have been investing in new greenhouses and expansions, that is where we noticed a lot of growth. Next to this we serve a growing amount of open field vegetable growers with quality young plants."
The Krasoń group is Poland's largest vegetable propagator. Last year the group propagated a total of 7 million greenhouse tomato young plants and a record breaking 235 million open field seedlings such as lettuce, broccoli and cabbages. Their production is poised to break another record this year.
"We expect to produce more than 250 million seedlings this year", Michal Krasoń said. According to him, an increasing amount of Polish growers realizes the benefits of using an external propagator. "While many farmers in Poland still prefer to propagate their own plants, a growing group realizes that it is way more effective to take advantages of the quality and services that an external propagation can offer. This enables growers to focus on their own quality and production and it creates rest at their nursery when changing the crops."
In February this year the group officially celebrated the 20th anniversary of the company that was founded by Grzegorz Krasoń in 1997. This weekend the company invited its customers and clients for an open day to demonstrate the day to day practices of their modern nursery in Święta. They were joined by a number of suppliers and seed breeders and created a small outdoor exhibition with companies such as De Ruiter, Enza Zaden, Nunhems, Cultilene, Grodan, Timac Agro, Adviser, Seminis, Bejo, Klassmann and many more.
For more information:
Grupa Producentów Rozsad Krasoń Sp. z o.o.
97-371 Wola Krzysztoporska
Other news in this sector: