Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Flower manipulation techniques to bring mango season forwardIn an effort to extend the mango season, researchers have uncovered the best treatments to bring on early flowering and therefore fruit.
The five-year project, funded by the NT Government and Horticulture Innovation Australia has recently come to an end, identifying the key formulations for successful flower manipulation in the Top End.
Dr Cameron McConchie, who leads the Department of Primary Industries mango agronomy group said the research found climatic conditions were still very much the key to successfully manipulating flowering in mango trees.
"We have been looking at understanding cool conditions which will trigger flowering," Dr McConchie said.
Read more at ABC News
Publication date: 6/14/2017
Other news in this sector: