Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Flower manipulation techniques to bring mango season forwardIn an effort to extend the mango season, researchers have uncovered the best treatments to bring on early flowering and therefore fruit.
The five-year project, funded by the NT Government and Horticulture Innovation Australia has recently come to an end, identifying the key formulations for successful flower manipulation in the Top End.
Dr Cameron McConchie, who leads the Department of Primary Industries mango agronomy group said the research found climatic conditions were still very much the key to successfully manipulating flowering in mango trees.
"We have been looking at understanding cool conditions which will trigger flowering," Dr McConchie said.
Read more at ABC News
Publication date: 6/14/2017
Other news in this sector: