Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
Osram to acquire California-based supplier LED EnginOsram has agreed to acquire U.S.-based LED Engin Inc. in San Jose, California. The company has approximately 30 employees and annual sales of around USD 10 million. LED Engin specializes in ultra-bright, ultra-compact solid state lighting solutions for a variety of specialty markets including entertainment lighting, ultraviolet, horticulture, tunable white and medical lighting applications. Its products mainly incorporate LED chips from Osram Opto Semiconductors. “LED Engin opens up new opportunities for us to offer our customers tailored specialty lighting solutions. LED Engin products are suitable for a variety of specialty applications, making them an ideal addition to our portfolio,” said Hans-Joachim Schwabe, CEO of Osram’s Specialty Lighting (SP) business unit.
LED Engin will be integrated into the professional and industrial applications section of the SP business unit. LED Engin products are used in applications where powerful, compact LED light sources or special customized LEDs are required, for example to light restaurants, shops, museums, and galleries. The company also supplies lighting products for horticulture markets and powerful UV LEDs for industrial applications, such as the printing, curing and dental markets. In the entertainment sector, LED Engin enhances Osram’s value chain together with ClayPaky and ADB, the specialists for concert, event, theater, stage, and TV studio lighting.
“We are excited to join Osram and look forward to expanding our product portfolio and customer reach while continuing to serve our existing valued customers with additional resources,” said David Tahmassebi, CEO of LED Engin.
For more information:
Publication date: 6/26/2017
Other news in this sector: