Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- 11 hectare greenhouse project opened in Azerbaijan
- Vietnam: TAP completes new phase in 24-hectare greenhouse
- US (PA): Feasibility study for a Center of Excellence for Indoor Agriculture
- How to get fast, accurate root zone moisture and EC data
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tom de Beer, Verhagen Leiden:
"No more pushing, dragging or sweeping thanks to automation"It is clear that the internet has changed our lives and this development will go even further. The Internet of Things is about to take off and companies are preparing to adapt their organization in light of this. At Verhagen Leiden, this is one of the tasks they're facing. Tom de Beer, Operations Manager at Verhagen Leiden, has prepared the first pilot. "We cannot ignore it. It will bring a lot to society. The machines will start to communicate to be able to anticipate unwanted situations. Efficiency and effectiveness will keep on increasing."
Tom de Beer, Patrick le Maître and Anselm Verhagen
Importer and manufacturer
For more than 50 years, Verhagen Leiden has specialized in developing, manufacturing and importing industrial cleaning machines and electrical vehicles. They are importers of Fiorentini, Comac, IPC, Turbolava, Optima Steamer and Depureco. In addition, under the brand Comzu they produce brush-leaf removers and industrial vacuum cleaners as well as electro-tractors under the V-move brand. Things are going well. At the moment, 40 people work here daily. The organizational structure is constantly adjusted to achieve the goal. And the goal is to make appropriate solutions in a satisfactory manner for the customer.
Leaf removers and electro-tractors
The leaf removers of Verhagen Leiden are now sold not only in the Netherlands, but also worldwide. This growth is caused by the need for safety and health. Tom: "Customers do not need to push, to drag or to sweep any more. That is something that is increasingly being performed by machines. The processes are further automated this way. This is not only true for the processes but also for the technological development of the machines themselves. Every time, we will go a bit further."
Verhagen Leiden has more than 20 years experience with electro-tractors. Since a year and a half ago the in-house produced electro-tractor has been placed by Verhagen Leiden under their own brand V-move. They will further expand this line of electro-tractors. In addition to the Benelux, these machines are increasingly sold worldwide.
The Comzu brush leaf remover is ready to be shipped.
In one of the modern assembly halls, the machines, often customer-specific, are built.
For more information:
Verhagen Leiden B.V.
Hoge Rijndijk 267
2314 AG Leiden
tel +31(0)71 581 30 30
Publication date: 6/12/2017
Other news in this sector: