Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Presentation of coconut coir suitable for organic agriculture
Grupo Projar has presented its coconut coir products certified for organic use, which serve as soil improvers in agriculture. It has also promoted its range of pots and biodegradable trays that make it possible to transplant without extracting the plant from its container.
The company took advantage of its presence at the fair Infoagro to present its range of Golden Grow products, made with coconut fibre. These have significant differences compared to those already on the market, since they are products manufactured by a national company, which means maintaining the quality parameters established by European regulations.
The coconut boards are introduced into the furrow so that the coconut fibre is mixed with the soil, giving it aeration and drainage capacity, which improves the plants' root development. This has a direct impact on the horticultural production.
As for the biodegradable pots, also presented at the fair, they can be adapted to the trays used by seed breeders, and thus, the grower does not need to remove the seedlings, since they are biodegradable and consequently disappear when in contact with the soil.
Reduced plant stress
One of the main advantages of this product is the reduction of plant stress at a critical moment, ie the transplant. The pots are planted with the plant and degrade once they come into contact with the soil. In this way, a perfect rooting is achieved and the plant grows healthy.
Alongside these, the company showcased some of its 19 products with organic certifications under European standards, such as seed trays made of recyclable synthetic material. In this way, Grupo Projar is ready for the regulations that may come into force to reduce the use of polystyrene trays.
According to the marketing director of Grupo Projar, Alejandra Pintos, "we have been pleasantly surprised by the great number of people that have visited the fair."
Publication date: 6/9/2017
Other news in this sector: