Job offersmore »
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Sunlight Supply's Par Pro introduces new 1100 watt Hyper Arc"Underwriter’s Laboratories tested Par Pro’s new Hyper Arc lamp and said it was the most powerful 1100 watt single-ended HPS grow lamp they had tested", reports Sunlight Supply in a press release.
Consistently testing at 2,380 μmol (micromole), the new Hyper Arc is an 1,100 watt grow lamp that features a 400 volt arc tube and TT65 European glass jacket that generates 177,000 lumens. "A remarkable milestone in horticultural lighting, the fact Par Pro has been able to accomplish this in a single-ended E39 lamp design should be great news for the hundreds of thousands of single-ended reflectors currently in the field."
The Hyper Arc’s PBAR Flux seems to be even more impressive, 2,688 μmol “PBAR” refers to Plant Biologically Active Radiation which is measured from 350 to 800 nm in the light spectrum. This value recognizes that plants have photopigments other than chlorophyll that are sensitive to a wider range of wavelengths than chlorophyll.
Par Pro is one of several lighting brands produced by Sun System, one of the leading manufacturers and distributors of horticultural lamps, grow light reflectors, grow light ballasts and grow light accessories.
For more information:
Publication date: 8/21/2017
Other news in this sector: