Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What breeding innovations are up for tomatoes in the next decade?
Exchange ratesmore »
European project introduces students to aquaponicsLast week, the INAPRO demonstration site in Murcia was visited by more than 50 people in the framework of the Eramus+ project “ANNIE - Aquaponics New Novelties in Education”.
The ANNIE project started in 2016 and aims to set up a network of educational institutions, rural and urban aquaponic companies, regional governments and local authorities in order to establish Aquaponics Training Centres. The project is especially addressed to youngsters, unemployed and disabled people, lifelong learners and other categories who won’t fit easily in the labour market.
Participants come from different EU countries that have a special interest in supporting aquaponics development such as Spain, Greece and Portugal because of lack of fresh water, Romania and Slovenia to develop their rural areas, the UK and the Netherlands as knowledge-based economies working on water reuse.
The visit to the INAPRO facility in Murcia was organised to complement a training that took place at the Integrated Centre for Training in Agriculture in Molina de Segura (Murcia). The training was focused on the construction and management of aquaponic facilities. By visiting the INAPRO demonstration site, the students had the possibility to see how the integrated production of tomatoes and tilapia works on a large scale.
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Other news in this sector: