Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What breeding innovations are up for tomatoes in the next decade?
Exchange ratesmore »
Dutch Plantin tests emission of water and fertilizersAfter positive results in 2016 in a pepper crop, Dutch Plantin continues this year with 2 crops of cucumbers. In the peppers they installed their ‘washed type’ coir bags Double Layer. These were buffered and washed prior to the trial started in a closed system. Sodium was around 3-3,5 mmol/ltr during the crop in the drain water. With a critical amount around 6-7 mmol/ltr they stayed far below. Good yield in quantity and quality similar to conventional growing. This year they start crops of cucumber with washed / non-buffered Double Layer growbags straight in a closed system; results to follow end of this year.
For tomato crops Dutch Plantin sees customers/growers already using their non-washed coir straight in closed systems successfully, as this example from Belgium:
For more information
T: +91-422 25 62 501
T: +31-492 74 75 60
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Other news in this sector: