Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Zuccherissima pumpkin range attracts attentionAt the recent edition of Macfrut 2017, the stand of "Fornari Giuseppe" from Asola (Mantova) was one of those that attracted the most attention. Fuchsia and black dominated both the stand and the staff's uniforms, together with smiling faces and well-displayed products.
Diced pumpkin part of the Zuccherissima range
A lot of space was dedicated to "Zuccherissima" pumpkin dices. Sales director Damiano Fornari explained that "the product is diced by hand and ready to cook. It has a shelf-life of over 12 days. We used the Delica variety, which has a great texture, dry-matter content and Brix level."
Damiano Fornari shows Take Away pumpkins at Macfrut
"Zuccherissima Take Away" was also very interesting. It is a range of easy to transport pumpkins thanks to the cardboard packaging equipped with handles. The minimum guaranteed weight is 1 kg. The packet reports all product information as well as advice for preparation.
"Delica pumpkins are all exposed to sunlight during the coolest hours of the day, favouring a slower dry matter concentration. They are cultivated in Italy and can be recognised by the red wax on the stalk. Crates hold between 3 and 6 pieces according to product size and we guarantee a shelf-life of 40 days."
The company owns 300 hectares between Mantua and Tuscany. Sugar loaf, endive and curly endive packaged as single-portions were also on display at the stand.
The Lady Leaf Snacks proved the most popular (www.ladyleaf.it). They are endive hearts combined with crunchy ingredients such as dried fruit or dried blueberries, olives etc. supplied with olive oil sachets, mini-tongs to eat without getting dirty and a mini-napkin. Everything comes in a practical container with an average shelf-life of 8 days.
Società Agricola Fornari
Via Cremona 74, 46041
Tel.: (+39) 0376/76549
Publication date: 5/19/2017
Other news in this sector: