Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What breeding innovations are up for tomatoes in the next decade?
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Former textiles businessman starts greenhouse venture
In Kolamasanapalli, Palamner, Chittur, on the southeastern coast of India, a former textiles businessman recently took on a new challenge becoming a greenhouse grower. Mr. Tribhuwan started his venture when he lost a lot of money in the textile business and decided that he wanted to take advantage of the opportunities in the upcoming greenhouse industry in his area.
He started to grow in a 2,080 square meter plastic polyhouse and planted his first crops on October 13 last year. He was backed by the knowledge and support of Indian agriculture and horticulture supply company Agriplast, who consulted him with services and guidance of new products and use of advanced materials.
In a recent video from Agriplast, the Indian newbie greenhouse grower shares his story and explains how the movable Aluminet screening solution from Agriplast helped him to produce a total of 33 tons of cucumbers between October 13 and March 8, 2017. Mr. Tribhuwan sells the cucumbers at an average price of 16 Rs. per kilo, which is equivalent to 23 euro cent per kilo.
For more information:
Rajeeb Kumar Roy
Other news in this sector: