Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What breeding innovations are up for tomatoes in the next decade?
Exchange ratesmore »
Update from Dr Greg Lang:
Video: Cherry training systems and protective coverings at MSUDr. Greg Lang provided an update on April 29, 2017 regarding this spring's flowering and pollination of the cherry trials being done at Michigan State University. Now that the trial is in its 8th year, Dr Lang is able to share some of the key findings on:
- root stocks (dwarfing, semi-dwarfing, semi-vigorous)
- cherry training systems (UFO, TSA, KGB, SSA)
- stationary rain shelters and automatic orchard covering systems
- changing automatic roof control strategies with stages of flowering and fruiting
- differences in disease pressure and tree health
- orchard renewal strategies to maintain high fruit quality
- orchard design that integrates tree architecture, pruning strategies and lower cost retractable roof designs
For those interested in seeing the trials first hand and diving deep into the key findings from Dr Lang’s cherry research over the last 8 years, a tour to visit Michigan State University is going to be organized for mid June as ripening occurs. Exact timing to be finalized around the end of May.
For more information
Publication date: 5/15/2017
Other news in this sector: