Job offersmore »
- Freelance Sales Executive / Manager Greenhouse Air Cooling
- Crop Manager Softfruit Australia
- Regional Breeding Director - California USA
- Divisional Sales Manager - North-East United States
- Greenhouse Sales Manager Canada
- Horticulture Sales Specialist - U.S. & Canada
- Horticultural Lighting Technical Sales Representative – Central & Eastern US
- Head Grower Lettuce - Coaldale, Canada (AB)
- Sales Account Manager, Horticulture - United States
- Stellvertretender Betriebsleiter - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US: End of the line for hundreds of organic growers?
- Saving 90% labor by lowering the plants automatically
- Photo report 2016 Canadian Greenhouse Conference
- US (NM): Bright Green builds 5.8 million sq. ft. greenhouse in Acoma Pueblo
- VIDEO: Why more space produces better plants and decreases your energy costs
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Good cucumber season for Almeria
The conclusion of Almeria’s cucumber season is a good one this year, mainly due to favourable prices, which according to the latest figures by the provincial government of Andalusia is the second best in the past 6 years.
The cucumber was sold this season for an average price of 0.55 euros per kilo. The production of 411,200 tons (0.9% more than the previous season) brought in 227 million euros (28.5% more than the previous year). In 2012/2011 this was 0.44 Euro. In 2008/2009 the price was comparable, when the producer received 0.58 Euro per kilo.
Reason for the favourable price levels was an early end of the Dutch and French season, two major competitors. The best price was paid in the months of November and February, when export was mainly coming from Almeria and Granada. When production in the Netherlands got going again in March, Almeria prices dropped.
The end of the season is focused on the national market.
Publication date: 9/2/2013
Other news in this sector: