Job offersmore »
- Customer oriented Technical representative - North America
- Hydroponic Greenhouse Grower - Leamington, Ontario
- Research Manager - France
- Chief Operation Manager - China
- Territory Sales Representative - United States
- International Sales & Marketing Executive
- Head of Procurement and Supply Chain - UK
- Product Manager Substrates
- International Account Manager
- Horticultural Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- Canada: "Nobody wants to take the risk with unwashed bags" (1)
- US: Fred C. Gloeckner Foundation awards 15 grants (1)
- Uganda: Greenhouse gives veg grower better yields, more cash (9)
- WUR trial achieves 89.1 kilo of Komeett tomatoes per square meter (35)
- US (VA): Region’s agribusiness harnesses technology (1)
- New patterned sticky trap catches double amount of whitefly (1)
- Turkish greenhouse growers go bananas! (1)
- Growtainer: high tech production facility housed in a 40' shipping container (1)
- Mexican grower Floraplant acquires two Ellepot machines (1)
- What to ask in your search for the best LED grow lights (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Good cucumber season for Almeria
The conclusion of Almeria’s cucumber season is a good one this year, mainly due to favourable prices, which according to the latest figures by the provincial government of Andalusia is the second best in the past 6 years.
The cucumber was sold this season for an average price of 0.55 euros per kilo. The production of 411,200 tons (0.9% more than the previous season) brought in 227 million euros (28.5% more than the previous year). In 2012/2011 this was 0.44 Euro. In 2008/2009 the price was comparable, when the producer received 0.58 Euro per kilo.
Reason for the favourable price levels was an early end of the Dutch and French season, two major competitors. The best price was paid in the months of November and February, when export was mainly coming from Almeria and Granada. When production in the Netherlands got going again in March, Almeria prices dropped.
The end of the season is focused on the national market.
Publication date: 9/2/2013
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.