Job offersmore »
- Plant Breeder Tomato - Haelen, the Netherlands
- Coördinator product retail - Aalsmeer/Naaldwijk, the Netherlands
- Director of Crop Management
- Leiter Tomatenzucht - Switzerland
- Research assistant biostatistics
- Experienced Tomato Grower, North America
- General Manager Agri-processing - East Africa
- Australia - Grower Manager
- UK: Growing Director – Wight Salads
- UK: Spanish Speaking Fresh Produce Buyer
Last commentsmore »
- Turkey: Umbrella greenhouse idea for developing countries (3)
- Uganda: Greenhouse gives veg grower better yields, more cash (3)
- Bottled tomatoes end up in display case after 70 years (2)
- Photo report of Chinese greenhouse tour to Lang Fang City in Hebei Province (1)
- New complete semi-closed glasshouse in South Korea (1)
- Australia: Van der Hoeven to build new Sundrop greenhouse (2)
- AU: No legal action after herbicide drift (1)
- Arrigoni presents innovative anti-insect netting: Biomaglia (1)
- De Gier introduces modifications to gearbox housing of GW-series (1)
- Why Turkey is Russia's best friend for greenhouse development (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Good cucumber season for Almeria
The conclusion of Almeria’s cucumber season is a good one this year, mainly due to favourable prices, which according to the latest figures by the provincial government of Andalusia is the second best in the past 6 years.
The cucumber was sold this season for an average price of 0.55 euros per kilo. The production of 411,200 tons (0.9% more than the previous season) brought in 227 million euros (28.5% more than the previous year). In 2012/2011 this was 0.44 Euro. In 2008/2009 the price was comparable, when the producer received 0.58 Euro per kilo.
Reason for the favourable price levels was an early end of the Dutch and French season, two major competitors. The best price was paid in the months of November and February, when export was mainly coming from Almeria and Granada. When production in the Netherlands got going again in March, Almeria prices dropped.
The end of the season is focused on the national market.
Publication date: 9/2/2013
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.