Job offersmore »
- Production Manager - Vestfossen, Norway
- Sales and Marketing Manager - China
- International Trade Marketeer - Netherlands
- Greenhouse Supervisor - Dunville, Ontario
- Export Area Manager - Finland
- Chief Operating Officer – Northern Africa
- Account Manager - Export
- Greenhouse Manager - Austin, Texas
- International salesmanager - The Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - Eastern US
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Sweden: Family designs greenhouse to wrap around home and warm it naturally
- US: 3.75 acres of high end greenhouse for sale in Taylorville, IL
- Register now for the 2016 HortiDaily High Tech Greenhouse Tour
- Tomato production under LED exceeds 100 kilo/m2
- Large scale greenhouse production without fossil fuels?
Exchange ratesmore »
Spain: Good cucumber season for Almeria
The conclusion of Almeria’s cucumber season is a good one this year, mainly due to favourable prices, which according to the latest figures by the provincial government of Andalusia is the second best in the past 6 years.
The cucumber was sold this season for an average price of 0.55 euros per kilo. The production of 411,200 tons (0.9% more than the previous season) brought in 227 million euros (28.5% more than the previous year). In 2012/2011 this was 0.44 Euro. In 2008/2009 the price was comparable, when the producer received 0.58 Euro per kilo.
Reason for the favourable price levels was an early end of the Dutch and French season, two major competitors. The best price was paid in the months of November and February, when export was mainly coming from Almeria and Granada. When production in the Netherlands got going again in March, Almeria prices dropped.
The end of the season is focused on the national market.
Publication date: 9/2/2013
Other news in this sector: