Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- 11 hectare greenhouse project opened in Azerbaijan
- Vietnam: TAP completes new phase in 24-hectare greenhouse
- US (PA): Feasibility study for a Center of Excellence for Indoor Agriculture
- How to get fast, accurate root zone moisture and EC data
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Huub Winters, Biopol
NL: "Higher production and better quality begins with balance"Each grower is visited by a multitude of different advisors, each with their own advice in their field of expertise. Each advice on its own is a good advice, but Huub Winters of Biopol is of the opinion that growers must cultivate with the system concept in mind and the different advisors should aim for a common goal.
At Biopol, the starting point is a cultivation method based on the system concept. What do they mean by that? The growth medium (the soil or the substrate) is of vital importance for the plant. That is where the roots are. That is literally the base of the plant. The growth medium must be at the service of the plant. If that is balanced biologically, the plant can better absorb the offered nutrients, thus performing optimally. Higher production and better quality is the result of a well-functioning system around the plant. Huub: "To get a balanced biological life in the growth medium, all these advisors will have to work together. A plant needs everything, so why go for advice on only a small fragment of the totality? In that case, I'm convinced that you are short-changing the crop. Why would you want to do that, wouldn’t it be a pity? "
Huub’s vision is that when the growth medium is in balance, the plants will become stronger and the biological fighters can do their work better. The plant itself also works harder to resist pests and diseases.
Biopol offers products to increase the number of aerobic (useful) bacteria at the expense of the anaerobic bacteria. These aerobic oxygen-loving bacteria give the crop a boost. Huub: "The results of our product against nematodes (AgriNema) in combination with organic carbon (V-Carbo) are truly amazing. Andre Poldervaart, of Biokwekerij Poldervaart of Vierpolders, has been convinced and has been working in this way for years. But the system concept is valuable for growers who cultivate in the regular way."
For more information:
3251 LP Stellendam NL
T 0187 493 422
Publication date: 6/15/2017
Other news in this sector: