Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- Dutch go crazy on weed...duckweed that is
- North America’s first scientific paper on how to produce cannabis under controlled environment
- Tomato and lettuce intercropping in a soilless system
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Horticulture anno 2017: LED, fog and back to natureIt is very busy in horticulture. That’s nothing new. Also at Stolze Installatietechniek in Maasdijk, everyone is very active. Bram van den Ende: "All the activity of course is caused by the improving market. And that's a good thing. We also see a number of developments that positively affect our company as a total installer."
The use of high pressure spray is a good example of this. "The application of this is ever increasing. In order to keep biological fighters alive, the grower must be able to reduce the temperature in the greenhouse. The high pressure fog system is a good solution. The fog reduces the temperature in the greenhouse and still maintains the CO2- level." Stolze has developed its own high pressure fog system: S-Fog. It has been on the market now for 1.5 years. The launch of S-Fog marked the start of searching for plug-and-play solutions. Bram: "The grower now can install the couplings himself. That is simple and he is saving the cost of installation. And that is an added bonus, isn’t it?
Stolze is a Philips partner. These LED fixtures are easy to install. Bram: "LED lighting had a long way to go when it came on the market. Already there has been a lot of research. The light formulas have now been devised. In lettuce cultivation, certain colors in the light spectrum make for surprising effects. LED will be the lighting for the future. It's still a matter of making the financial aspects work out." In blackberry cultivation this has already succeeded. Stolze recently installed the first LED lighting at a blackberry cultivation company.
Back to nature
One of these developments is the increasing focus on biological approach. The biological disinfecting of water is one of them. The use of sand filters from long ago seems to be coming back. Bram: "The WaterIQ water purification system is received positively. The aerobic, healthy bacteria are left over. This way you can keep water quality well under control." Priva's water purification solution works differently. This one uses UV. Bram: "With this you achieved the cleanest results. Growers have a choice. And that's great."
The Netherlands first
Stolze Installation Technology is a dynamic company. From Maasdijk, sometimes projects are on-going in 16 countries at the same time. More than 100 employees work hard to get the job done. By the way, we still have sufficient vacancies here if you are looking for a job.
Bram concludes with the words: "We are pleased that the Netherlands continues to be number one in knowledge on horticultural engineering. We must treasure this. The Netherlands is still the basis for the world of horticulture."
For more information:
T. Stolze Installatietechniek bv
2676 LJ MAASDIJK
+31(0)174 51 37 79
Publication date: 6/16/2017
Other news in this sector: