Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexican official ready to start NAFTA talksThe absence of a U.S. Trade Representative is delaying the start of NAFTA negotiations with Mexico, a top official from the Latin American nation said.
Without the lead U.S. trade negotiator in place, Mexico doesn’t expect the White House to give Congress the 90 days of notice it needs to open formal talks on the North American Free Trade Agreement, Economy Minister Ildefonso Guajardo said Tuesday. Given the 90-day requirement, the nations have already missed the May start date originally outlined by Mexican Foreign Relations Minister Luis Videgaray.
The delay increases the chances that negotiations will spill into 2018 and get mixed up with election-year politics in Mexico, something Guajardo has said should be avoided. Populist opposition candidate Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, who has led some public opinion polls, is an outspoken critic of U.S. President Donald Trump and has pledged to take a tough stance on trade talks.
Read more at Delta Farm Press
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector: