Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Plantlab says it has a patent on indoor farming
- CAN (ON): St. Michel ready to prepare next generation of Leamington growers
- How the bumblebee coincidentally saved the greenhouse industry
- Here's why you should close your windows in case of storm
- Dutch growers take advantage of new dehumidification techniques
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Distributor sets up cannabis campus for small growersFlow Kana, branded distributor of craft sun-grown medical cannabis, announced the Flow Cannabis Institute, the world’s first cannabis campus and processing center dedicated to the small-batch craft cannabis farmer. Flow Kana believes that sustainability, the small-farmer ecosystem, and cannabis grown “The California Way,” must be embraced and adopted by the cannabis community at large, especially as large-scale industrialized production becomes more of a reality in a post-legalization era.
Bringing together the entire supply chain in a hyper-efficient campus (lab testing, processing, distribution, manufacturing), The Flow Cannabis Institute will offer the small craft cannabis farmer the scale and operational efficiencies they will need to compete against Big Marijuana, while keeping the value of the plant within their local communities.
Flow Kana recently acquired a former Fetzer family winery property in Redwood Valley, CA, as the location for the Flow Cannabis Institute. This winery, and future cannabis campus, sits on 80 acres with 87,000 sqft of industrial space. In its heyday, this facility housed one of the largest premium wine brands in the U.S.
With multiple residencies on the property, Flow Kana’s long term vision for the Flow Cannabis Institute is also to develop a retreat, education, and resource center where other states, nations, industries and businesses can learn and collaborate on how to create an agricultural model centered around the small farmer that can be replicated around the world.
“Just as a small coffee farmer brings their coffee beans to a centralized facility to be dried, roasted, processed and packaged at scale, the Flow Cannabis Institute will provide a centralized location for small, independent cannabis farmers to test, dry, cure, trim, process, package, manufacture and distribute their harvest at a massive scale,” said Michael Steinmetz, Flow Kana Founder and CEO. “This is part of our continued commitment to the small cannabis farmers to bring their sustainable sun-grown high quality cannabis to consumers throughout California.”
Founded in 2015, Flow Kana partners with local, artisanal farms in Northern California, helping them become compliant and form cooperatives so they have the scale and volume to bring their high-quality craft cannabis to the medical cannabis market. These farmers focus on small-batch craft strains and promote the Californian philosophy of sustainable food and farming.
For more information:
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector: