Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- NatureFresh Farms develops unconventional pest management methods
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- Dutch police raids greenhouses in heroin investigation
- Protected Cropping Australia appoints new board
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Distributor sets up cannabis campus for small growersFlow Kana, branded distributor of craft sun-grown medical cannabis, announced the Flow Cannabis Institute, the world’s first cannabis campus and processing center dedicated to the small-batch craft cannabis farmer. Flow Kana believes that sustainability, the small-farmer ecosystem, and cannabis grown “The California Way,” must be embraced and adopted by the cannabis community at large, especially as large-scale industrialized production becomes more of a reality in a post-legalization era.
Bringing together the entire supply chain in a hyper-efficient campus (lab testing, processing, distribution, manufacturing), The Flow Cannabis Institute will offer the small craft cannabis farmer the scale and operational efficiencies they will need to compete against Big Marijuana, while keeping the value of the plant within their local communities.
Flow Kana recently acquired a former Fetzer family winery property in Redwood Valley, CA, as the location for the Flow Cannabis Institute. This winery, and future cannabis campus, sits on 80 acres with 87,000 sqft of industrial space. In its heyday, this facility housed one of the largest premium wine brands in the U.S.
With multiple residencies on the property, Flow Kana’s long term vision for the Flow Cannabis Institute is also to develop a retreat, education, and resource center where other states, nations, industries and businesses can learn and collaborate on how to create an agricultural model centered around the small farmer that can be replicated around the world.
“Just as a small coffee farmer brings their coffee beans to a centralized facility to be dried, roasted, processed and packaged at scale, the Flow Cannabis Institute will provide a centralized location for small, independent cannabis farmers to test, dry, cure, trim, process, package, manufacture and distribute their harvest at a massive scale,” said Michael Steinmetz, Flow Kana Founder and CEO. “This is part of our continued commitment to the small cannabis farmers to bring their sustainable sun-grown high quality cannabis to consumers throughout California.”
Founded in 2015, Flow Kana partners with local, artisanal farms in Northern California, helping them become compliant and form cooperatives so they have the scale and volume to bring their high-quality craft cannabis to the medical cannabis market. These farmers focus on small-batch craft strains and promote the Californian philosophy of sustainable food and farming.
For more information:
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector: