Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Large vegetable preserves complex comes to EthiopiaCelorrio is to build a large complex in Ethiopia. It would be the largest investment ever made by the La Rioja-based group and will employ more than 3,000 people, intending to increase substantially its capacity to manufacture vegetable preserves (asparagus, Piquillo pepper and artichoke).
After several years of research across several countries, it seems that the town of Mek’ele has the microclimate suitable for theses crops and a great water capacity.
The factory, which will be ready in September 2018, will have a constructed area of 65,000 m2, over a total acreage of 5,000 hectares of land, with the aim of reaching a production capacity of 80,000 tons.
The aggregated sales of Grupo Celorrio amounted to €190 million in 2016, 9% more than the previous year. Of that turnover, 20% comes from exports.
Source: Alimarket / Agroberichten Buitenland
Publication date: 4/18/2017
Other news in this sector: