Job offersmore »
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
- Entomologist Position - Leamington, Ontario, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "24% labor savings with new strawberry container"
- Mexico: Agropark growers starting their crop change
- Success of 'cana-business' relies on efficient commercial greenhouse technology
- US: BioWorks launches new OMRI-Listed biofungicide for botrytis control
- US: BrightFarms recalls produce due to potential presence of metal pieces
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Growing vine crops without daylight is possible. Here, there and everywhere...
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
Exchange ratesmore »
Large vegetable preserves complex comes to EthiopiaCelorrio is to build a large complex in Ethiopia. It would be the largest investment ever made by the La Rioja-based group and will employ more than 3,000 people, intending to increase substantially its capacity to manufacture vegetable preserves (asparagus, Piquillo pepper and artichoke).
After several years of research across several countries, it seems that the town of Mek’ele has the microclimate suitable for theses crops and a great water capacity.
The factory, which will be ready in September 2018, will have a constructed area of 65,000 m2, over a total acreage of 5,000 hectares of land, with the aim of reaching a production capacity of 80,000 tons.
The aggregated sales of Grupo Celorrio amounted to €190 million in 2016, 9% more than the previous year. Of that turnover, 20% comes from exports.
Source: Alimarket / Agroberichten Buitenland
Publication date: 4/18/2017
Other news in this sector: