Job offersmore »
- Business Advisor - China
- Nursery Manager (Container Plants) - Australia
- Nursery Operations Manager - Australia
- Packing Facility Manager - AU
- PRODUCTION MANAGER - Finland
- Electrical Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Farm Manager - Australia
- Greenhouse Manager / Head Grower, Bermuda
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US(PA): 60,000 sq.ft. vertical greenhouse to bolster Lancaster's less fortunate
- UK start-up introduces inflatable deep water culture system
- Leaf sensors can tell farmers when crops need to be watered
- Inefficient cannabis growers will go out of business eventually
- Hawaii: Ultra fine bubbles help lettuce grower reduce tipburn
Exchange ratesmore »
New series of Online Greenhouse Training Program at University of FloridaDo you have grower staff who are irrigating and fertilizing greenhouse crops, but have not had formal training in horticulture? The University of Florida IFAS Extension can help them make better crop management decisions. For the third year, they will be offering online training courses in English and Spanish starting on June 19, 2017. This year will feature a brand new course, Costing and Profitability.
Each course runs for 4 weeks, and includes a personalized certificate of completion. Classes are completely online, and include streaming videos, readings, and assignments. They are available any time of the day, and new modules activated each week during the course. To register, visit http://hort.ifas.ufl.edu/training/.
The schedule of online courses planned for 2017 include:
The first course offered, Greenhouse 101, serves as introduction to the series of online classes offered by the University of Florida. It teaches the underlying horticultural science of plant growth to students who havenít had a formal training in horticulture. Topics covered are plant parts and functions, photosynthesis and growth, greenhouse technology, flowering, compactness and branching, irrigation, nutrition, and plant health.
For more information:
University of Florida
Paul Fisher, Ph.D., Rosanna Freyre, Ph.D., Brian Pearson, Ph.D., Chris Marble, Ph.D.
Publication date: 4/18/2017
Other news in this sector: