Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New series of Online Greenhouse Training Program at University of FloridaDo you have grower staff who are irrigating and fertilizing greenhouse crops, but have not had formal training in horticulture? The University of Florida IFAS Extension can help them make better crop management decisions. For the third year, they will be offering online training courses in English and Spanish starting on June 19, 2017. This year will feature a brand new course, Costing and Profitability.
Each course runs for 4 weeks, and includes a personalized certificate of completion. Classes are completely online, and include streaming videos, readings, and assignments. They are available any time of the day, and new modules activated each week during the course. To register, visit http://hort.ifas.ufl.edu/training/.
The schedule of online courses planned for 2017 include:
The first course offered, Greenhouse 101, serves as introduction to the series of online classes offered by the University of Florida. It teaches the underlying horticultural science of plant growth to students who havenít had a formal training in horticulture. Topics covered are plant parts and functions, photosynthesis and growth, greenhouse technology, flowering, compactness and branching, irrigation, nutrition, and plant health.
For more information:
University of Florida
Paul Fisher, Ph.D., Rosanna Freyre, Ph.D., Brian Pearson, Ph.D., Chris Marble, Ph.D.
Publication date: 4/18/2017
Other news in this sector: