Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- Soilless technology takes root in blueberry cultivation
- What are the start-up costs of a greenhouse business?
- US(AZ): Civic Farms to break ground on 20,000 sq. ft. vertical farm at Biosphere 2
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
April 25, Fort Dodge, April 26, Ottumwa & May 2, Dubuque
US (IA): High tunnel vegetable production workshopsThree workshops will be held to help extension staff, county horticulturists, local food coordinators, industry representatives, and growers learn to manage common challenges in high tunnels while also discussing new advances in high tunnel production. Topics to be covered include soil management, tomato grafting, insect management and environmental control. A visit to a working high tunnel is also part of the workshop.
The workshops will be offered in three locations:
- April 25 at the Iowa State University Extension and Outreach Webster County office in Fort Dodge
- April 26 at the ISU Extension and Outreach Wappelo County office in Ottumwa
- May 2 at the ISU Extension and Outreach Dubuque County office in Dubuque.
Sign-in begins at 8 a.m. on the day of the workshop with classes running from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. There is no cost for the workshop but registration is required as space is limited.
Click here for more information and registration.
Publication date: 4/5/2017
Other news in this sector: