Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Netherlands: First Biodynamic organic eggplants and –pointed peppers pickedLast week, Dutch greenhouse grower Frank de Koning picked its first bio-dynamic eggplants and peppers of the season. "The quality is perfect. That gives hope for a good continuation," Coert Lamers of organic growers association Nautilus Organic says.
"The homegrown eggplants are firm and have a uniform purple color. At the moment the Spanish eggplants are much softer. The latter is not surprising. In Spain, the end of the season is approaching and the product has to go a long way. Our customers are sincerely pleased that the Dutch season has started again. That has to be the biggest compliment a grower can get", the account manager continues.
Also the pointed peppers appeal to the customers of Nautilus. The Dutch especially know how to distinguished themselves from the Spanish offer in terms of product presentation. "Sweet pointed peppers are here usually packed in bags of two (180 grams). At the moment in Spain, a lot is packed with three. Frequently also curved ones are included, and that gives a different appearance."
This early in the season there has been no grower who suffered from diseases or pests. "That has not always been the case. We have had some inconstancy in terms of bright and dark days, but it's all gone well so far. The setting in general has been good. However, it always remains a challenge to keep diseases and pests out of the greenhouse", Coert concludes.
Besides the eggplants and pointed peppers Frank de Koning has the first snack tomatoes available. Nautilus members Groenland (Ron van Dijk) and BioVerbeek in the meantime are also again in production with various types of products, including cucumber and the first green peppers.
For more information:
8305 BA Emmeloord
Publication date: 4/4/2017
Other news in this sector: