Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
French cooperative features growers on new labelsRougeline recently introduced its new line of labels. These feature not only the origin and the grower of the product, but also the quality level. "For several years Les Paysans de Rougeline have proclaimed the French origin of their products," but, says Isabelle Rebrioux. "It was important to go one step further and indicate the precise location and the producer of each kind of product in order to meet the demand of the consumers."
"At the same time, the range has been segmented into 3 taste levels. The first one is the “extra category”. Then a few products are selected and mentioned as “tasty varieties”. And the third level, “excellence gustative” corresponds to a premium."
"This year we launched an app. This is a new service for our clients: they can check the complete catalog, as well as news about the brand and our commercial operations. It can be downloaded for free from Apple and Android stores. It completes our website."
The company used to have QR codes, but they were stopped because people hardly used them. Now, they have a website and an app. “The app is not actually for consumers, but for our clients. They can check our strategy and range, for example. It can be downloaded for free from Apple and Android stores. However, the app cannot be used to order products, it only gives information,” Isabelle explains.
The strawberry season started about three weeks ago, with the “gariguette”. “We have a very good product this year, the strawberries are very tasty and sweet, thanks to the mild and sunny weather in the last weeks of February in the South of France. Tomatoes are also all available again. We started our tomato season with cherry tomatoes a few weeks ago, and the heirlooms are now also available again,” Isabelle concludes.
For more information:
Tel: +33 553 205 165
Publication date: 3/28/2017
Other news in this sector: