Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Plantlab says it has a patent on indoor farming
- CAN (ON): St. Michel ready to prepare next generation of Leamington growers
- How the bumblebee coincidentally saved the greenhouse industry
- Here's why you should close your windows in case of storm
- Dutch growers take advantage of new dehumidification techniques
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
French cooperative features growers on new labelsRougeline recently introduced its new line of labels. These feature not only the origin and the grower of the product, but also the quality level. "For several years Les Paysans de Rougeline have proclaimed the French origin of their products," but, says Isabelle Rebrioux. "It was important to go one step further and indicate the precise location and the producer of each kind of product in order to meet the demand of the consumers."
"At the same time, the range has been segmented into 3 taste levels. The first one is the “extra category”. Then a few products are selected and mentioned as “tasty varieties”. And the third level, “excellence gustative” corresponds to a premium."
"This year we launched an app. This is a new service for our clients: they can check the complete catalog, as well as news about the brand and our commercial operations. It can be downloaded for free from Apple and Android stores. It completes our website."
The company used to have QR codes, but they were stopped because people hardly used them. Now, they have a website and an app. “The app is not actually for consumers, but for our clients. They can check our strategy and range, for example. It can be downloaded for free from Apple and Android stores. However, the app cannot be used to order products, it only gives information,” Isabelle explains.
The strawberry season started about three weeks ago, with the “gariguette”. “We have a very good product this year, the strawberries are very tasty and sweet, thanks to the mild and sunny weather in the last weeks of February in the South of France. Tomatoes are also all available again. We started our tomato season with cherry tomatoes a few weeks ago, and the heirlooms are now also available again,” Isabelle concludes.
For more information:
Tel: +33 553 205 165
Publication date: 3/28/2017
Other news in this sector: