Job offersmore »
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What breeding innovations are up for tomatoes in the next decade?
Exchange ratesmore »
Belgium: Promising trial results in tomatoes under LEDResearch at the ‘Proefstation voor de Groenteteelt’ (PSKW) in Sint-Katelijne-Waver (BE) is in full swing. The research facility compares 4 different lighting strategies. The reference is 180 μMol/m2/s with SON-T lamps, as this is most comparable to the current situation at tomato growers. On top of that, there are three areas with each a higher light level using different fixture configurations. This way the researchers are able to review which configuration gives the highest production at the lowest power consumption. Also, within all areas both an ‘open’ crop type is compared to a more 'closed’ type of crop. This study is a follow-up of the research which started last year.
3 light levels
The following lighting levels have been used:
- 217 μMol/m2/s single SON-T
- 257 μMol/m2/s interlighting (hybrid)
- 258 μMol/m2/s top lighting (Oreon Grow Light 2.1)
The mid-term results show that the highest production is achieved in the ‘open’ crop type with SON-T in combination with Oreon LED top lighting. The production with SON-T top lighting combined with LED interlight scored second best and showed equal production figures in both open and closed crop. Then comes the SON-T and LED top lighting in the more 'closed' crop. And yet again, there is no increased production in the treatment with an increased light intensity with SON-T in comparison to the reference.
The trial will continue until the second quarter of 2017.
For more information:
3401 MX IJsselstein
T: +31 30 760 0660
Publication date: 4/6/2017
Other news in this sector: