Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Lef Farms introduces new retail and food service packagingWith its simple elegance, the lēf packaging aims to break out from the field of brands that have turned to old-school clams and tubs. It starts with lēf’s classic black retail bag which shows off its greens through a see-through front window of cascading leaves. And clear side panels allow consumers to see even more of the fresh greens, with the lēf brand message of local freshness boldly voiced throughout.
“When you have a product that’s so different than the ordinary spring mixes out there, we felt the standard clamshells and pillowcase style bags just wouldn’t do it justice. Our message touts that ‘fresh is right here’, so we needed to apply that thinking to everything we do. Sure, fresh is about product, but it’s also about our ideas…and even our marketing,” nods lēf Sales & Marketing Manager, Donald Grandmaison.
But it’s not just the graphics and the contents that set the lēf retail bags apart. lēf Farms has taken extra steps to ensure its greens are fresh and stay tasty by utilizing custom, patented perforations in its bags. As such, lēf is able to maximize shelf life and enhance product quality from the time the product leaves the Farm to the time it arrives on grocers’ shelves and in the coolers of food service operations.
A simple color band at the top of each bag identifies which of the three unique lēf mixes is inside. Blue denotes the buttery blend of baby greens found in lēf’s Smooth mix. Red points to the mix of Arugula, Red Mustard and Mizuna comprising lēf Spice. And the tan color strip designates the balanced flavor of baby Kale found in lēf’s Balance blend.
For retail, lēf offers 5 oz. bags that can be displayed individually in a grocer’s cooler or in a 6-pack retail box that contains a full 30 oz. of lēf-y goodness in a color-coordinated and branded display box. This option makes it easy for grocers to sell product right from the carefully designed box, rather than creating a new end-cap to accomplish the same goal.
But the uniqueness of lēf’s packaging doesn’t stop with its retail appeal. Lēf has applied the same uniquely branded approach to its food service packaging, as well. lēf offers a 2 x 1.5 lb-pack case that amasses 3 lbs. of its fresh baby greens in clear bags, loosely nestled inside a color-coordinated and branded carton. Not only does this box allow a comfortable fit that helps prevent product damage, it provides another way to extend their shelf life by maximizing airflow and maintain the cold chain from farm to customer. And the 2-pack configuration makes it perfect for smaller volume customers, giving them the opportunity to open just one bag at a time.
For more information:
PO Box 7840
662 Route 106 North
Loudon, NH 03307 USA
Publication date: 3/21/2017
Other news in this sector: