Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Workers safe after carbon monoxide incident at Windset Farms
- Australia: New project to drive agriculture innovation in Victoria
- "With unemployment at record lows, labor is our biggest challenge"
- Hydropothecary announces expansion plans
- US (FL): Wish Farms launches strawberry season with new sweepstakes
Top 5 - last month
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- Partial replacement of PAR light by far red light in tomato
- NL: New Geothermal Energy Alliance in South Holland
- German Agricultural Society and Fairtrade enter strategic partnership in Africa
- US (ME): Aquaponic grower secures $1.6M to expand greenhouse
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Warm weather aids New England growers in transitionFor those in New England, March usually means one thing - the big melt. This is the month when snow typically starts to turn into something more like pea soup, and that typically means everything’s hovering above freezing during the day, and below freezing at night. This year has been a bit warmer, and for Eliot and Clara Coleman, as well as the entire team at Four Season Farm, this means spring prep is going smooth as the days start to get longer.
According to Clara, the warmer days have meant a slightly easier changeover for spring, since most of what the Four Season team is working with is now a little bit dryer while winding down the winter harvest. Clara describes how Four Seasons is getting set up for the change of seasons in their Rimol greenhouses, and what they’re looking forward to in the weeks and months to come.
Read more at Rimol Greenhouses.
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Other news in this sector: