Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "In indoor ag, every project demands a unique approach"
- Hokkaido greenhouse to enable production in the "coldest city on earth"
- "Biochar boosts tropical but not temperate crop yields'
- Swedish project studies year-round cultivation of tasty strawberries with LEDs
- Spain: Greenhouse builder J.Huete expands into new premises
Top 5 - last week
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What are the start-up costs of a greenhouse business?
- US(AZ): Civic Farms to break ground on 20,000 sq. ft. vertical farm at Biosphere 2
- Australia: Learn how the deleafing robot can reduce labor cost
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (QC): Concordia Student Union seeks greenhouse fundingUndergraduate students will be voting on granting the Concordia Greenhouse a 12 cent fee-levy increase in the upcoming Concordia Student Union general elections, from March 28 to 30.
The greenhouse is located on the 13th floor of the Hall building on the downtown campus. It is a space where students can study and learn about sustainable horticulture.
The increase would double the greenhouse’s fee-levy. During the CSU general elections in March 2013, students voted overwhelmingly in favour to give the greenhouse a 12 cent fee-levy.
“One big point is infrastructure,” said Andrew Alford, the Four Seasons Growing Coordinator and City Farm School Co-coordinator. The City Farm School is a project that focuses on urban agriculture. They offer workshops and seminars teaching about that very topic. “There’s some equipment that we’d like to replace, including the ventilation system.”
“There’s actually never been any work done on the infrastructure in its 51-year history, so things are starting to fail,” said Greenhouse Financial Coordinator, Andrea Reichart.
Read more at The Link
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Other news in this sector: