Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- Plantlab says it has a patent on indoor farming
- Dutch growers take advantage of new dehumidification techniques
- Photo report: A visit to Beekenkamp's latest greenhouse
- "Urban ag only provides small environmental benefits in northeastern US"
- Adding taste and quality to Holland's largest tomato category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (QC): Concordia Student Union seeks greenhouse fundingUndergraduate students will be voting on granting the Concordia Greenhouse a 12 cent fee-levy increase in the upcoming Concordia Student Union general elections, from March 28 to 30.
The greenhouse is located on the 13th floor of the Hall building on the downtown campus. It is a space where students can study and learn about sustainable horticulture.
The increase would double the greenhouse’s fee-levy. During the CSU general elections in March 2013, students voted overwhelmingly in favour to give the greenhouse a 12 cent fee-levy.
“One big point is infrastructure,” said Andrew Alford, the Four Seasons Growing Coordinator and City Farm School Co-coordinator. The City Farm School is a project that focuses on urban agriculture. They offer workshops and seminars teaching about that very topic. “There’s some equipment that we’d like to replace, including the ventilation system.”
“There’s actually never been any work done on the infrastructure in its 51-year history, so things are starting to fail,” said Greenhouse Financial Coordinator, Andrea Reichart.
Read more at The Link
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Other news in this sector: