Job offersmore »
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
MMJ outlets linked to organized crime, Toronto police sayPolice in Toronto are accusing Cannabis Culture marijuana dispensaries of being part of a "large franchise operation of alleged high-level drug traffickers."
Prominent marijuana activists Marc and Jodie Emery -- who own the Cannabis Culture brand -- were granted bail Friday after their arrest on Wednesday.
Marc Emery faces 15 charges, including conspiracy to commit an indictable offence, trafficking and possession of proceeds of crime, while Jodie Emery faces five similar counts.
Officers seized $250,000 in cash in several currencies, 65 kilograms of marijuana and 2.4 kilograms of cannabis extract and other drug paraphernalia after searching seven Cannabis Culture stores and several homes on Thursday, police said.
Given the amount of marijuana the stores "can only be supplied by illegitimate sources often tied to organized crime," acting Insp. Steve Watts alleged.
"The public should know that this isn't an altruistic venture, this is purely a profit-motivated venture," Watts said. "Anyone with a prescription for marijuana can go through Health Canada, who have an abundant supply."
Read more at CTV News
Publication date: 3/16/2017
Other news in this sector: