Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "In indoor ag, every project demands a unique approach"
- Hokkaido greenhouse to enable production in the "coldest city on earth"
- "Biochar boosts tropical but not temperate crop yields'
- Swedish project studies year-round cultivation of tasty strawberries with LEDs
- Spain: Greenhouse builder J.Huete expands into new premises
Top 5 - last week
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What are the start-up costs of a greenhouse business?
- US(AZ): Civic Farms to break ground on 20,000 sq. ft. vertical farm at Biosphere 2
- Australia: Learn how the deleafing robot can reduce labor cost
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Matt Mastronardi, Pure Flavor:
“Pure Flavor grew considerably in recent years”Pure Flavor recently expanded its head office. “The newfound space has a combination of private offices, cubic sections, open floor plans and quiet spaces where the Pure Flavor team can cultivate collaboration,” Matt Mastronardi, Chief Marketing Office, says. “With this project, the team will create 20 new full time positions in total.”
Pure Flavor was motivated to take on this project because they have been growing considerably in recent years. “For several years now, we have experienced rapid double digit growth, and this is reflected in an increase of opportunities for our businesses,” Matt continues. “This means making more room for current employees working at the headquarters and laying the foundation to future support growth and expansions.
“The latest office expansion at our headquarters will be bringing the company's footprint to approximately double its size.” Matt shares, “At our recently expanded greenhouse in Canada, we will be adding additional R&D growing zones, all in an effort to continue to enhance what we currently offer our customers and to test new crops/varieties that aren’t available yet in our industry. To accompany our growing R&D, a section of the office expansion will be dedicated solely to market research and product development, with the focus on creating more environmentally friendly packaging, packaging that will enhance shelf life and consumer experiences, a cooking area to help provide new ideas for the culinary artist, and much more.”
“The newly constructed space will also prompt the company’s new rebranding initiatives that stimulate the Pure Flavor’s forward-thinking mindset, creative lifestyle and core values without barriers.” Matt adds, “In preparation for future growth, we intend to provide a paid internship program with the nearby post-secondary education institute to empower the next generation to enter the produce industry.”
Three new talents were recently added to the staff: Richard Yousseff, Duff McDonald and Mira Skaljac. “Richard joins Pure Hothouse as Commodities Manager after more than ten years within the produce industry, and his experience will strengthen the Pure Flavor team. Duff will bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the company as new Logistics Manager, and Mira will be the new Director of HR. Her focus will be on all employee-related functions, performance and training development. She will also focus on talent retention and strategic planning for all Pure Flavor locations in Canada, USA and Mexico,” Matt concludes.
For more information, please visit: www.pure-flavor.com
Publication date: 3/17/2017
Other news in this sector: