Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- 11 hectare greenhouse project opened in Azerbaijan
- Vietnam: TAP completes new phase in 24-hectare greenhouse
- US (PA): Feasibility study for a Center of Excellence for Indoor Agriculture
- How to get fast, accurate root zone moisture and EC data
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Illumitex hires Jeff Bisberg as CEOIllumitex announces the appointment of a new CEO, as well as a new direction for the company in both its light emitting diode (LED) lighting products and connecting with its customers.
Jeff Bisberg, former CSO at Current powered by GE, will be leading Illumitex as CEO of the Austin-based company. With a Master’s in Material Science and Engineering, and success with his own Solid-State Lighting start-up Albeo Technologies, Bisberg plans to revolutionize the horticultural lighting industry.
“I am very excited to join Illumitex,” said Bisberg. “For the first time horticultural lighting is able to deliver measurable top line plant benefits including yield, taste, color and smell, and Illumitex is leading the innovation in this space.”
“Illumitex is improving the fundamental value proposition of horticultural lighting by improving both the production and profits of our customers. Helping controlled environment agriculture growers and farmers with new highly-reliable technology is what gets me excited.”
This year Illumitex will roll out its new “Digital Horticulture” initiative.
“Digital Horticulture will break the boundaries of what a traditional light fixture does, from delivering photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) and lumens, to providing revolutionary digital tools that help improve crop yields and reduce variability,” said Bisberg. “It’s an exciting time and Illumitex is going to be leading the innovation.”
Illumitex is leveraging the catbird seat of their fixtures to deploy technologies that give customers services that help improve outcomes by improving yield, improving predictability, and lowering variability. The open and secure system gives the grower, farmer absolute ownership and control of all data and the ability to have a wide range partners, developers, and ISP’s consume their data to provide high value applications to lower their costs and improve their profits. The system will roll-out in multiple stages with limited availability of MVP’s as soon as Q2 2017.
For more information
6301 E. Stassney Lane
Building 6, Suite 400
Austin, TX 78744
Publication date: 3/15/2017
Other news in this sector: