Job offersmore »
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
- Entomologist Position - Leamington, Ontario, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "24% labor savings with new strawberry container"
- Mexico: Agropark growers starting their crop change
- Success of 'cana-business' relies on efficient commercial greenhouse technology
- US: BioWorks launches new OMRI-Listed biofungicide for botrytis control
- US: BrightFarms recalls produce due to potential presence of metal pieces
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Growing vine crops without daylight is possible. Here, there and everywhere...
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
Exchange ratesmore »
Illumitex hires Jeff Bisberg as CEOIllumitex announces the appointment of a new CEO, as well as a new direction for the company in both its light emitting diode (LED) lighting products and connecting with its customers.
Jeff Bisberg, former CSO at Current powered by GE, will be leading Illumitex as CEO of the Austin-based company. With a Master’s in Material Science and Engineering, and success with his own Solid-State Lighting start-up Albeo Technologies, Bisberg plans to revolutionize the horticultural lighting industry.
“I am very excited to join Illumitex,” said Bisberg. “For the first time horticultural lighting is able to deliver measurable top line plant benefits including yield, taste, color and smell, and Illumitex is leading the innovation in this space.”
“Illumitex is improving the fundamental value proposition of horticultural lighting by improving both the production and profits of our customers. Helping controlled environment agriculture growers and farmers with new highly-reliable technology is what gets me excited.”
This year Illumitex will roll out its new “Digital Horticulture” initiative.
“Digital Horticulture will break the boundaries of what a traditional light fixture does, from delivering photosynthetically active radiation (PAR) and lumens, to providing revolutionary digital tools that help improve crop yields and reduce variability,” said Bisberg. “It’s an exciting time and Illumitex is going to be leading the innovation.”
Illumitex is leveraging the catbird seat of their fixtures to deploy technologies that give customers services that help improve outcomes by improving yield, improving predictability, and lowering variability. The open and secure system gives the grower, farmer absolute ownership and control of all data and the ability to have a wide range partners, developers, and ISP’s consume their data to provide high value applications to lower their costs and improve their profits. The system will roll-out in multiple stages with limited availability of MVP’s as soon as Q2 2017.
For more information
6301 E. Stassney Lane
Building 6, Suite 400
Austin, TX 78744
Publication date: 3/15/2017
Other news in this sector: