Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): Firefighters struggle with burning chili peppersEfforts to mop up a massive building fire in downtown Los Angeles have been complicated due to crates of chili peppers that were burned during the blaze on Sunday.
Firefighters coughed and sneezed as they attempted to douse hot spots and investigate the cause of the fire.
"What's hampering us is that you can smell and taste the chili powder and that chili that is burning in the masks that they're using," Capt. Scott LaRue with the Los Angeles City Fire Department explained.
It took nearly 200 firefighters to knock down the stubborn blaze that began in the 800 block of South Central Avenue just before 6:30 p.m.
No one was injured during the blaze.
Read more at abc7.com
Publication date: 3/15/2017
Other news in this sector: