Job offersmore »
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (OH): Large MMJ growth facility planned in WilmingtonThe people behind Ohio’s failed ballot initiative to legalize recreational marijuana in 2015 are now planning to propose a medical marijuana growing facility in Wilmington.
The proposed site is currently a field spanning 19.2 acres, off Davids Drive and Olinger Circle in Wilmington. But Jimmy Gould and Ian James, who backed the ballot initiative in 2015, are planning to apply for a license with the Ohio Department of Commerce and other agencies as part of the state’s Medical Marijuana Control Program.
The state will accept applications for cultivator provisional licenses sometime after May, once “rules governing medical marijuana cultivators” are adopted, according to the Department of Commerce. A spokesperson said licenses will be awarded no earlier than the fall of 2017.
Gould’s holding company, CannAscend, will apply for a license through the state. The proposal involves a $40 million campus for medical marijuana in Wilmington, beginning with a 30,000 square foot building and eventually expanding to include a research center and processing and manufacturing facility. Gould said as many as 300,000 patients could be treated there.
Read more at NBC4i.com
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Other news in this sector: