Job offersmore »
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (FL): 4th graders grow lettuce for sea turtlesBudding young scientists at a Saint Paul’s Elementary School have been growing hydroponic lettuce for Stubby and Titus, two sea turtles at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
“I’m so happy they were eating up the lettuce we worked so hard on,” said Alec Alarakhia, one of the students.
It took the students six weeks to grow the lettuce, and on Wednesday, they arrived at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium to bring home the harvest.
“The amount of lettuce this group brought for us here was enough not only to feed a couple of the turtles they were able to witness eat the food, but it’s able to feed all of our green sea turtles throughout the entire day and possibly even into tomorrow,” said Devon Francke, who supervises sea turtle rehabilitation at the aquarium.
Read more at WFLA.com
Publication date: 3/13/2017
Other news in this sector: