Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (ON): St. Michel ready to prepare next generation of Leamington growers
- Scotland: Vertical farm at James Hutton nears completion
- New methods for computer vision in horti- and agriculture
- New Zealand grower combines greenhouse peppers with feijoa crops
- UK: Eric Wall has seen tomato growing come of age
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (ON): Supreme has MMJ license renewedSupreme Pharmaceuticals announces that its wholly-owned subsidiary 7 ACRES has received a renewal of its license to cultivate cannabis pursuant to the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations ("ACMPR"). Supreme also understands that Health Canada is in the final phase of its review of 7 ACRES' application (the "Application") for the authorization to sell bulk cannabis. The Application was submitted in November 2016 followed by a site inspection in January 2017.
In light of recent events facing the industry relating to certain licensed producer's purported use of unapproved pesticides, Health Canada has increased its focus on the cultivation methods and cultivation inputs used by all licensed producers not only with respect to pesticides but also nutrients and fertilizers.
The Nutrients used by 7 ACRES are a specialty brand of cannabis-specific fertilizers developed and manufactured in Maple Ridge, BC by Remo Brands Ltd. As part of the ongoing review process, Health Canada has asked Supreme to work with Remo Brands Ltd. to provide reasonable data that the Nutrients comply with all relevant safety guidelines and applicable law.
"Supreme is committed to patient safety and the quality of our cannabis," stated John Fowler, CEO. "We agree with and support Health Canada's increased rigor and its precautionary efforts relating to the Nutrients as well as the regulator's increased vigilance of our fledgling industry which we see as positive for our sector's growth."
For more information:
202 – 20 De Boers Dr, Toronto ON
Phone: (416) 630-7272
Publication date: 3/13/2017
Other news in this sector: